top of page
THE McVICKAR HOUSE IRVINGTON HISTORY CENTER
Irvington, New York
Built in 1853 by the Reverend John McVickar as the rectory for the Gothic Revival St. Barnabus Church, the building is now the iconographic gateway to the Historic Village of Irvington-on-Hudson, New York. The McVickar House preservation and rehabilitation is now the home of the Irvington History Center. The building serves as a museum for display of local historical archives, offices for the Curator, the Village Historian, and a Children’s educational facility. Sponsored by the Irvington Historical Society, the project was supported by the Village of Irvington, the New York State Historic Preservation Office, private funding by residents and donations of services by local professionals.
bottom of page