Irvington, New York
Located on the shore of Halsey Pond in Irvington, New York, preservation of this historic garden style structure required profound sensitivity to the conservation of original stone mason artisanship. Neglect and years of deterioration threatened the survival of this rare historic architectural resource. The last remaining structure of “Rochroane”, the Gothic-revival mansion designed by A.J. Manning in 1905 for the petroleum and cotton magnate Melchior Beltzhoover, the “Playhouse/Teahouse” ruin was preserved through the initiative and support of concerned citizens, the Village of Irvington Trustees and Irvington Landmarks Preservation, Inc.